Wednesday, April 25, 2012
The Next New Thing
For a new media form not yet invented, I would suggest an implementation of a computerized, virtual fitness trainer. This idea would be similar to the automation of call centers in the business world - you would not actually have to have a real human to train you. Instead, you'd have a virtual trainer that would work with you to manage your health and fitness such that it is fit uniquely to you. With people, time is money... but we're not dealing with people here are we? Say good by to expensive trainers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This would be perfect. It would be like one step down from having a real person but one step up from watching a fitness video on the television. If the trainer were a hologram and in 3D it would be even more practical.
ReplyDeleteThis sounds cool! I personally like to be active and I sort of create my own workouts. However, for those who don't have a trainer at their convenience, then this is it! How would this compare with training videos such as P90x or Insanity workouts?
ReplyDeleteTasmia, this is a really clever idea. Not only will this make it a lot easier for people to exercise on their own time, but it'll also help people get comfortable enough to work out in the first place. At my gym, I notice that a lot of people are hesitant to work with a personal trainer since they are after all, a stranger. Your idea would eliminate that. Good job!
ReplyDelete